Home - Internet Law & Cyber Security
Domingo J Rivera and AVM Cyber Law - A leading National Internet Law Firm that has paved the way in the development of Internet law with leading case decisions.
Some recent highlights of our Internet Law Practice:
- The first law firm in the United States to win a jury trial involving allegations of Internet copyright infringement (piracy) against the U.S. Department of Justice. They spent several years preparing their prosecution... we had a few months! - This case was initially heard in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia but the jury trial occurred in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Obtained an Internet defamation judgment involving defamatory Internet posts against a New York plastic surgeon. We also obtained Injunctive relief prohibiting the individual from further postings regarding our client. This case was heard in New York.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in favor of our client in a case involving computer trespass, including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act and the Stored Communications Act - This case was heard in the United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas.
- Obtained the identity of various individuals creating anonymous defamatory posts against our client - This case was heard in Virginia.
- Obtained Summary Judgment and Injunctive relief in an Internet defamation, invasion of privacy, and Trademark Infringement case. The case was heard in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- We are frequently consulted by the media for our expertise in Cyber Law and Cyber Security.
Our Internet Law and Cyber Security Practice Areas:
Some of our cybersecurity, computer forensics and IT certifications:
3900 Westerre Parkway
Richmond, VA 23233
Tel. (804) 332-6585; Fax: (866) 651-2004
Written By: Domingo J Rivera